Scored Likert Survey - results not display when replaying

Jul 04, 2017

Hi all,

I am having trouble getting this post to show on message board.  As such I decided to see if can add my question as a reply below.  I would appreciate anyone who can help with below query.  

Thanks Christine

3 Replies
Christine Hounsham

I have built a likert survey (10 qu - 5 choices), tied to a single variable "Quiz" which adds varying numerical values based on the selection (ie Stongly Disagree +0.2, Disagree +0.4, Neutral +0.6, etc).

On the next slide a have a 'Results' slide, which includes:

-a text reference box to display the Quiz variable score;

-four result boxes, one for each of the result categories.  These each have a normal and a 'Your Score' state.  'Your Score' shows on the box related to the score from the Variable.  

- a single text box, with varying text states related to the four different categories.  

All this works very well. 

On the previous button I have added the condition to reset Quiz variable to = 0, if people go back to redo to survey.   On both slides I have set the slide Resume State to Initial State.

When the learner replays the survey for a second time (by click previous to go back), the Quiz result number is correct, however, this doesn't retrigger the change states on either the 4 shapes, or the text response.  

FYI - For each of these elements the 'change state' trigger is set for 'on entry of the specific element'.  I set these triggers to this, because when set to 'on start of timeline' the elements appeared when in their changed state at 0 sec mark.  

Does anyone know why the change state triggers aren't working when redo survey via the previous button. 

Story file attached. 

Thank you.  Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.