Scorm 1.2 or 2004?

Dec 04, 2013

Hey,

I have a question. We are using Kallidus as a LMS and I haven't figured out what Scorm format is best to use. So far we are using Scorm 2004. However, there are 3 different editions of Scorm. 2nd, 3rd and 4th Edition.

Does anybody know what the differences are and what is best to use?

Cheers,

Niels

3 Replies
Sergey Snegirev branchtrack.com

We moved from 1.2 to 2004 4th edition because of a single (but very annoying) limitation. In SCORM 1.2, the maximum length of suspend data is 4Kb, which is often not enough to store some course data. SCORM 2004 provides 64Kb, which is more than enough. Other differences are much subtler and do not impact people who build single-SCO courses in rapid tools.

Oran Lewis

Unless I am mistaken it is the data that tracks progress within lesson or course. It records time spent in a lesson or course and tracks the location at which the user stopped in or completed a lesson.

It appears that when the suspend data limit is exceeded, bad things happen like the LMS can no longer provide the resume function and loses track of the time keepingĀ for a student's work.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.