SL 2 glossary (inspired by Gabrielle S.)
Gabrielle Schofield posted a great Minimalist Glossary for Storyline 360. I'm using SL 2, so decided to try my own.
Here's a two-slide demo.
- Slide 1 is just a button to display the glossary.
- Slide 2 is the glossary, which is lightboxed over Slide 1.
The glossary slide has a base layer (with the alphabet buttons) and in theory one layer per letter - though in this example I only created layers A through E.
Each layer has a scrolling panel. The panel contains an auto-resize text box on a colored background. Through trial and error, I learned that if the text box is shorter than the scrolling panel (as with letter D in my example) you don't see the scroll bar in the scrolling panel.
For additional layers:
- Copy the layer for an existing letter. Paste and rename it.
- Select the new layer. Edit the text on the text box.
- Select the base layer. Add a trigger: when letter F (or whatever) is clicked, lightbox slide F.
If you don't have any glossary terms for a letter, set its default state to disabled, as I've done with F and X.