SL360 Keeping a button from disappearing when timeline completes

Jan 27, 2020

Hello, 

I have 3 buttons setup nicely. I have them set to always show and I have animations set on them for when they are clicked, the animation will initiate. But the problem I am having is that after the timeline completes all of the buttons activate even though I have set to always show and with triggers to only disappear when the buttons are hit by the user. How do I keep the buttons from disappearing after the timeline completes?

Edit: I would like to add another question. Using the given next button, I am trying to keep it hidden until all of the button have pressed. I have 3 buttons that need to pressed in order from 1 to 3 (those work). I do not want the next button to appear (normal) until they have all been selected. But what happens is if I press button 3 (out of order) the next button appears. How do I keep that from happening?

4 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Ken,

I made a couple changes to slide 1.2 and got it working, minus the animations. Basically what I did was use the visited state instead of the hidden state. I also made buttons 2 and 3 disabled by default. I modified the formatting of the disabled states just so I could see that it was working and also to guide learners, so they're not confused if they click on button 3 and nothing happens.

I've attached my file. Hopefully that works for your purposes!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.