Slider help

Oct 12, 2020

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with this slide, please. I need for the Picture 1 (girl in swing)  to be the main image on the slide while the voiceover (text to speech 1) plays and then they would drag the slider to the right a little and then the 1st layer image appears (girl with macaroni) and that audio (text to speech) plays and so on for the 5 layers.  The way that it's set up now the girl with macaroni fades in too fast. I've tried to adjust the timing on the first layer but it's not working. 

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Kathleen,

The reason your first layer fades in too quickly is because it is set to show when the timeline starts on the slide.

In the attached version of your slide, I have set the layer to show when the media (text-to-speech) completes. This prevents the layer and its text appearing over the top of your introductory voice.

I have also made some adjustments to your slider, which you may or may not wish to keep. What I have done is to move the slider so that it starts in the middle of the picture and also changed the scale from 0-100 to 1-5. Although the slider does not appear to moves smoothly, it will always stop in the middle of each picture, whereas at present, the slider can stop anywhere above a picture to change to that layer. As a result, there are also some minor changes to the slider triggers.

If you have any queries, just get back to me here.

Ned Whiteley

Hi Kathleen,

In the attached update I have adjusted the slider to start halfway off the left side of the slide and finish halfway off the right side and increased the steps from 1-5 to 0-10. This way the slider moves two steps to reach the centre of each picture and the layers are triggered on alternate steps.

I have removed the trigger to open the first layer when the text-to-speech finishes and added a trigger to stop the text-to-speech when the slider moves. The new trigger will enable people to move on without the new audio appearing over the top of the base layer audio if it hasn't yet finished. This basically covers people revisiting the course who just want to go through the slider layers.

I have also added a trigger to jump to this slide if the slider moves and its value equals zero and then reset the slide properties to Reset to Initial State when revisiting. This then enables the user to start from the beginning if they move the slider all the way to the left. If you don't want to do this, just delete the trigger.

If you have any further queries, just get back to me.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.