Story Size

Sep 28, 2017

We are switching from years of using Captivate for application training demos to Storyline. First step ... create a template.

We have this criteria.

• The content area should accommodate 16:9 screen cap images. Our application is built for best viewing in that ratio, and our PPT template is also that size. (yay, easy screen capturing and repurposing application images).
  • Projects need to be 508 compliant. Need to include closed captioning. The CC can not be on top of the screen captures because there will be things at the bottom of the screen caps that need to be visible.
  • Our main learners will be viewing the training demos on desktop PCs of all screen resolutions. Some learners will use tablets. We don't anticipate smart-phone viewers.
  • Plan to have a menu on the left side.
  • Ensure learners do not need to scroll vertically or horizontally in the published courses.

Please provide your experience, best practice, and advice to help us get this rolling.

Thank you!

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Sandy,

Here are some great resources to help you get started on creating software simulations in Storyline:

And here's some information to get you started with closed captions: Creating and Editing Closed Captions with the Built-In Editor

I hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.