Storyboarding

Dec 20, 2017

Hi all, 

Wondering if anyone here can provide examples of effective digital storyboarding tools?

Perhaps any links to websites or techniques that you've used in your experience.

Thanks,

Rhys

5 Replies
Rhys Guy

Thank you for the response Stefanie! 

I have indeed. I've also put a number of these to good use, but I'm currently doing a course in digital learning design and am required to source a number of digital planning tools used within e-learning. Unfortunately I've not come across many web-apps that I consider to be useful in this regard. 

David Price

Personally I used Photoshop for all my visual storyboarding.  I'm actually in the process of putting together a tutorial on how to do it.  As it allows you to have multiple artboards it works really well for storyboarding.

Depending on what you want to do, you might be best looking for wireframe tools.  There are loads out there, free and paid, but it all depends on what you want your storyboard to look like as these kinds of tools are designed more for website development.

Adobe do a good design/prototype kit called Adobe XD - http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/xd.html

They also have a wireframe tool called Adobe Comp - http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/comp.html

Here's a list of wireframing tools to look at - http://www.creativebloq.com/wireframes/top-wireframing-tools-11121302.  I've used Balsamiq Mockups before when I've been designing websites and its pretty handy.

Martina Osmak

Hi all,

It's great to find questions like these around the web. Means we're not the only ones. :) 

My name is Martina and I'm project manager at eWyse agency. We spent ages searching for something that could help in this phase of storyboard creation. And when we couldn't find it, we decided to develop it.

I know this may sound like we're advertising our product, but trust me, that's not the case. First of all, there is no product :D And second of all, we're doing research since we don't want to solve only our problems. When we brainstormed all of the potential features, it was interesting to see that each member of our team had different set of needs which we turned into features then. That made us think - if we, in the same agency, have so many different points of view, just imagine what could we do if we ask the community?

So, we did a lot of research, which helped us in discovering what people actually need and want. Because, if you don't do research, there is always a risk you are solving only your own problem. 

You can see what we have in mind on our landing page but what I would really like if you could comment what of the features would you like to have. Actually, we created a survey on this which appears after subscribing on Thank you pages. 

So, bottom line is - this is research. We are still in development and we really want to solve problems that eLearning community has in the phase of storyboarding. We found posts and forums dating 7 years ago, where people asked is there a tool that can help. So now we want to create it, but we also want to give the opportunity to everybody to point in which direction do they want us to go.

Actually, I think I could create a separate thread where we could even go into discussion. That would be great. :)

Thank you so much for all of your input! It means a lot!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.