Storyline 2 - player size calculator
Here's a spreadsheet to help you:
- Adjust height or width of your story to achieve a 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio
- Calculate overall player size (player dimensions + story size) based on whether you're including a title, a sidebar, topbar tabs, or seekbar elements
How to use it:
- Enter the story size (content area of your slides).
- The "adjusting content" area calculates changes if you'd like to adjust to a different aspect ratio.
- In the "player elements" section, use the Y/N dropdowns to choose optional player items. (In this example, I chose a sidebar and a seekbar, but not topbar tabs or a title.)
- The result is the overall width and height needed for your player.
In a fit of aspect-ratio fever, I added the "adjusting overall player size" section in case you want the player (and not the slide) to conform to a particular aspect ratio.
The worksheet is protected, so you can only enter content in the story size area and choose the player dropdowns. The worksheet is not password-protected, though, so in Excel you can unprotect the sheet and modify it.