Storyline 360: Tips on creating a large course with lots of video

Mar 07, 2018

Hello! We’re looking to use Storyline 360 to build our interactive courses. Our only concern is how it can handle a massive amount of video. For instance, the meat of our courses is currently flash animation scenes that we convert to mp4 that are roughly 2 to 10mins long. The project we’re looking to build will have 8 chapters; with 5 to 12 parts per chapter; consisting of 3 to 4 videos and 3 to 4 interactive assessment slides per part. That makes for a very heavy story by the end, I’m sure. It’s important that the student be able to leave the course and come back without issues and not have video lag.

Has anyone built a course this long that was primarily video before? Any tips?

Are you able to string together multiple stories, or does the entire course have to be built as one story?

Is there a difference between hosting it on our own LMS vs through Articulate in this situation?

Is Storyline 360 even able to handle a heavy load like this? 

1 Reply
Kamil Nowek

I often work with video in Storyline and don't have problems with huge size of package. I can shape my tips:

- before you put your video files to SL, compress them in other program

- in publishing options, set "1" for video size

Nick Russell,  yes you're right that your example isnt' created in SL, but believe, you can build very similar interactions in SL :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.