Storyline 360 & Unity / Unreal Game Engines

Mar 10, 2021

Hi

Does anyone have any experience in working with Storyline 360 and the Unity or Unreal game engines? Are there any examples and resources you can point me to?

David

17 Replies
Rick Maranta

I think the idea for many people is to be able to create a more sophisticated game that would be much too difficult to do in something like StoryLine 360 itself. Some people may want even a 3D environment that would only be possible with a webObject with an HTML game in it that can pass scores etc. to StoryLine. 

Math Notermans

And why use Storyline then ? Scores can be set in the game itself... if you can make a game in Unity or Unreal... i do think going back to Storyline is a bit bizarre.... i donot see the point of using Storyline as Unity as is is 2000% better especially on the multidevice thing and robustness...

Harri S

@Math : that is very useful to know. I asked the developer about this when I ran into the issue but as I don't use Unity myself I had to rely on his answer and he didn't think there was a SCORM solution. And in answer to your "why storyline" question, for me it was purely an attempt at getting it into the LMS. 

Harri S

oh my gosh thank you so much! I really appreciate it. The game the developer made is a 3D rendering of an offshore working environment and I believe it is so effective at demonstrating the hazards of the working environment, but right now it's just sitting on a server somewhere. Hopefully this will help us get it out to the learners and make it much more visible