Text appears cut off at bottom of text entry field

Apr 03, 2020

I posted this in the Storyline forum too.

I'm using a text entry box for learners to enter a transcript for assessment. Once they have enough text to hit the bottom edge of the text entry, the bottom line appears cut off. My learners will need to type far beyond the size of the box, so once their text has hit the bottom, the last line of their text is always going to look cut off, which is distracting.

I've tried changing the text box format options (for example removing the padding at the bottom) but it makes no difference. Any ideas?

8 Replies
Christina Clark

Apologies Phil, I'm not sure i follow. Are you saying you suspect it's intended behaviour, as it's a visual clue the box is scrollable?

I can't think of a real-life scenario (web form for example) where users would be expected to enter information without being to see it fully. Apologies if I am misunderstanding your meaning.

Either way, it sounds like potentially this is just the way it works and I've hit a limitation. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.