Timer to Slides Storyline - 360 Issue

Aug 02, 2017

Hi,

I have developed a timer using Storyline2. I've been using Master Slide to achieve this. It works fine in Storyline2 but when I upgraded the same file to Storyline 360 it messes up. 

It calculates the timeline of master slide instead of slide for seekbar. Resulting which even if the slide I'm viewing is 2 secs. I see a timer of 10 to 20 secs. Which is the length of Master Slide. 

Any help I can get is appreciated. 

Regards,
Yusuf

11 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Yusuf,

Thanks for bringing this up, and I'm seeing the same thing you're seeing. In Storyline 2, the timeline was determined on a slide by slide basis.  It looks like Storyline 360 has changed the way that it calculates the slide timeline.

On the slide master, you have various "When timeline reaches..." triggers. The last trigger is "When timeline reaches 8 seconds." 

That trigger is causing the timeline to run for at least 8 seconds on every slide, so the last trigger can fire. 

From here, I’ll meet with my team to take a closer look, so that we can verify this is a bug. Sometimes my team catches errors in my logic and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course if that’s the case, I’ll let you know!

Thanks again for bringing this up here, and I'm sorry if it's slowing you down!

Yusuf Rangwala

After a lot of Trial and error I think I've achieved what I wanted. 
Attaching a sample file which will

1) calculate the timeline as per the seekbar (or length of the slide).

2) Will also pause when you click pause.

3) To Function the seekbar needs to be read only

I think many of us might need this. Maybe this file could be of any help. :)

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for checking in, Yusuf. We're keeping an eye on this bug to evaluate how many customers are impacted and what impact it has on courses. The number of customers and depth of impact are two of the elements that help us prioritize bugs and fixes.  

You're in the right place to stay updated on this bug's progress. We'll share any new information we receive right here in this thread!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Yusuf. Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where slide timelines were changed by timeline triggers on the master slide. 

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. Here's how.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.