Unlimited attempt of video and only one attempt of assessment in Storyline 360

Dec 23, 2021

Hello Team,

I stuck one of my client requirements regarding a course. First I'll tell you the flow of the course and then ill explain the client's requirements.

Course flow: Welcome-course outline-Video1-video2-assessment-result-Thank you.

The client requirement is once a user completes this course and passes the assessment. In the result pass section they want one button, so users can access only video1 and video 2 unlimited time and skip the assessment part.

Hope I am able to explain my doubt.

Thanks,

Arif.

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Arif,

As I understand it, your client wants the user to be able to return to the videos in the course but not revisit the assessment after they've passed it. That's doable with variables and conditions. 

Do this on the Success layer of the Results slide:

• Don't show the Review Quiz or Retry Quiz buttons. (You could cover them up, or use the eye icons to hide them. But probably the easiest solution is to put those buttons on the Failure layer, since that's where they'll be used.)  
  • Hide the PREV button. 
  • Provide a button (or buttons) that return to the videos.

On the slide that normally leads to the quiz, use 2 triggers for the NEXT button:

• 1st trigger: jumps specifically to the quiz, with the condition that the "your score" points variable is less than the passing points variable.
  • 2nd trigger: jumps to the Results slide, with the condition that the "your score" points variable is equal to or greater than the passing points variable. 

If you also use the built-in Menu, it takes just a bit more work. In that case, I'd have an intro-to-quiz slide that appears in the Menu, but I wouldn't show the quiz questions in the Menu. (The Results slide never shows in the Menu.) I'd put the 2 NEXT-button triggers described above on this slide. 

If you're not familiar with editing the Menu or with using variables and condition, I highly recommend going through the User Guide. Variables and conditions provide the real power in Storyline, so it's worth the time to learn about them. 

https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360