4 Replies
Seb Gooderson

Hi Paige, I live and work in Manchester so I had to check this one out and I really like it! It looks nice and clean and I love the virtual tour features.

In terms of constructive feedback I think you're right to mention the navigation. In many ways it IS easy to navigate, but I think it feels clunky because it is quite different from one page to the next. Having the default Articulate nagivation helps to mitigate the differences on each page, but as it adds an extra layer of navigation it adds to the clunkiness.

If it were me, I would take out the default Articulate navigation. I would take a step back from the content and think about what do I want the user to be able to do across the entire project and is this the same on every page? Maybe come up with 2 or 3 navigation layouts that feel similar (e.g. same colours, font size, location on the screen, etc?) Then I'd go back to the course and see if I want to make changes as to how the content is displayed as a result.

Hope that helps...

Paige Dao

Hi Seb, 

I am so glad that you took the time to take the tour and  writing down the feedback. Uniformity was not something I thought of when creating this course as I was swamped with researching the content and getting use to Articulate 360. I am so glad that you noted this down. Definitely something that I will look into when creating future projects. 

(And how are you coping with the heatwave over the past 2 days?) 

Thank you,

Paige 

Sarah Hodge

Hi Paige! This is looking awesome! I love how you set it up with all the different options to learn more (info, tour, website). I left some suggestions. I agree with Seb that I think this course would work really nicely with custom navigation. With a few tweaks, I think you could totally make that happen. Let me know if you have any questions about my feedback. Again, nice work! 

Phil Mayor

Looks good overall, but I find it all a little muddled.

Here are where I would look at doing some improvements:

The home icon has no trigger on it but the oval below does. Remove all of the player nav, not sure you need the side bar as it makes the home button useless.

Not 100% sure, but I think the home button icon is stretched and not equal dimensions.

As you are using icons for the nav they don't have a hit state across negative space, I would pop them inside a shape and add the trigger to the state.

Overall Nav is confusing, you have the player buttons (get rid of these) a home button on some slides, if you want to use this it should be on every slide. Then you have a back to home button, and a next exhibit button. The some slides (mostly 360 slides) have no nav at all.

The design is also a bit odd there are ovals and square shapes and then in the 360 there are rounded buttons, and also icons. We then had solid colours and transparency. Some consistency here would really help the design overall. Objects are also not entered or distributed correctly.

Typography and fonts are again confused, there is a mix of all caps, initial caps and no caps. Orphaned words and font layout is painful to the eye in places. 

For colours, I would be consistent on transparency and then choose one colour for interactive object so users know what can be clicked.

For instructions try and avoid the word click, I don't think scroll is the correct term for 360 images.

It could all do with some micro interactions and animations to enliven it a bit. Some hover states would also help.