What courses do you plan to take in 2017?
Hello community heroes,
I would like to share with you my personal list of free courses I plan to take in 2017 and I hope to give you some inspiration.
1. Foundations of Typography: Color, Contract and Scale @ Lynda.com (link)
Also, if you are interested to learn about the history of typography, here is a 5 min video I can recommend that greatly explains it.
2. Universal Principles of Design @ Lynda.com (link)
I hope to find some interesting examples in this course that could inspire me in my next projects.
3. Storytelling for Designers @ Lynda.com (link)
I want to learn more about creating stories for e-learning. I remember from when I used to facilitate classroom sessions that participants were fascinated when we were reading stories and playing roles. It takes creativity and hard work to bring real life scenarios to the online environment.
4. Design Thinking for Innovation @ Coursera (link)
I want to create better experiences for my learners and I want to find the best solutions to increase learning.
5. Before & After: Graphic Design Techniques @ Lynda.com (link)
In this course, John McWade (Publisher and Creative Director of Before and After Magazine) gives some great tips around design, type, image and layout, plus logo design.
6. Illustrator Essential Training @ Lynda.com (link)
I want to start using this software in 2017 for creating/editing graphics.
7. Design Aesthetics for the Web @ Lynda.com (link)
How do you use colors to set the site’s or training’s mood? How do you achieve proportion? Which techniques should you use to set areas of interest? I am looking forward to giving a new face to my blog in 2017 so I hope to get some inspiration from this course.
What other FREE courses could you recommend on instructional design and e-learning development?