4 Replies
miguel sevilla

Hi!

I have installed last update, however the memory issue keeps showing every time I work on a huge project. I have realized that when the problem occurs, Storyline is taking almost 1gb of ram space. It so painfull because it doesn't let me to either save or publish my actual project.

My system has 4 GB of ram, and when the issue occurrs I usually have like half space free, so it's taking 1gb for Storyline and 1gb for windows and other apps.

The only way how I'm able to work on this projects is rebooting the system every single hour. I hope the problem is fixed by next update, performance is the biggest issue for Storyline, both on developing and production.

Nicole Legault

Hi Miguel!

Hmmm... I totally understand how the constant need to reboot would be very frustrating! Sorry to hear about that! You might want to check your system against the recomended system requirements and make sure that your system does indeed meet the requirements.

Additionally, please make sure you're working with local project files:

  • Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior.
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores). Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

Does this happen with any other project files? If this is only happening for one particular project, it might help to import the slides into a new, blank Storyline file. Here's info on importing from an existing course: Importing from Another Storyline Project

Hope this helps... let us know if you see any improvement.

Thanks!

Nicole

miguel sevilla

Hi Nicole.

I'm already following all this tips but the problem keeps showing, it's not on every projects just on large ones. I think the problems has something to do with system memory management when using intensively the clipboard, that's it, when using intensively copy&paste from different Articulate Storyline slides, or from separate sotware to storyline. Other similar situations when the problem occurs is when adding questions to question banks (again copy&paste issue)

Thanks for putting in touch!