Forum Discussion

SteveBenson
Community Member
2 days ago

Font applied on Feedback Master not applying on slides in the project

I've built a digital flashcard deck based off of Storyline's quizzing capability. There's a lot going on under the hood and is too hard to explain here - so here's a short video explaining how it works and what the issue is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj1fNPW-16M

In a nutshell, I need a way to globally update a font on a layer (from the Feedback Master) and have it apply across nearly 100 slides. I'm able to update certain things on the Feedback Master (i.e. font size, margins, a few other things) and have them apply globally, but for whatever reason, I can't get the actual font to change.

SL project attached - any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SteveBenson
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that. If I do that it overrides the font I have set on the Slide Master. 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi SteveBenson!

Glad to see Ron has been helping you. Happy to jump in here!

Checking your .story file, I noticed you edited the 'Blank' layout slide from the Feedback Master and added a text placeholder. As well as applied the layout to certain Feedback Layers at the slide level. Following those steps and testing this on my end, font changes from the Feedback Master placeholder were reflected on the slide layers.

Please let me know if this worked for you!

• This may not be the best solution for you, since it will replace this font in all locations, but the Replace Font option is pretty easy