Forum Discussion

debortolij
Community Member
18 days ago

Integrate multiple feedbacks if I select multiple answers.

Hi ! 

I want to create an activity (which is not a quiz since there are no wrong answers) in Storyline. I want to be able to select up to 7 options out of 7 and then receive personalized feedback.

For example, if I select options 1, 3, and 5, I want to receive feedback for options 1, 3, and 5. Each feedback is 10 lines long as they are divided into two sections—feedback section and improvement section.

Does anyone have an idea of how I could set this up or do you think it is possible?

• You could track what someone selects using T/F variables. Then show the appropriate feedback based on values of the variables.

FYI: By itself, Storyline can't compile one long feedback that only includes the text related to the selected items. However, there are various ways to present the appropriate pieces of individual feedback. 

I suggest putting each piece of feedback on its own layer or even its own slide. Then use triggers with conditions to control where the continue/next button takes them. 

Michelle's suggestions about unlocking buttons would also work. Or give all the buttons the Initial state of Hidden, and then change the appropriate buttons to Normal based on the variables. However, you won't be able to rearrange the buttons.

It’s worth the effort to learn about variables and trigger conditions, because they provide the real power in Storyline. Here’s more information:

• Hi! 

So if I am reading your question correctly, if as a user I selected all 7 options out of 7 I would be presented with 70 lines of feedback? I assume for the activity that's unlikely? 

I think that the easiest and fastest way to do something like this is to have a slide after the user has selected their options and which ever number they have chosen unlocks the corresponding feedback buttons. 

So you have a selection of 7 locked buttons and which ever of the 7 are chosen get unlocked so they can select them and read through the different feedback.