Forum Discussion

CecilieAasJanse
Community Member
8 months ago

Navigation button on submitted quizes does not work when revisiting

Hi!

I need som help with this issue:
Even though the "Enable player navigation" when revisiting is ticked, the next-button does not work when revisiting a submitted quiz. The previous-button works fine. I'm using Modern player.

Brgds Cec 

• I got this same behavior on a Pick 1 freeform slide with enable player navigation on revisit checked. Interestingly, this only happened on the last slide in the scene. Other Pick 1 slides functioned perfectly. When I added another slide after it, the Next button functioned as expected. For me, it seems like it doesn't know what to do with the Next button if it's the last slide in the scene and you need it to go to the first slide in the next scene. And since you cannot adjust the behavior of the Next button, it just does nothing. I was able to work around it by adjusting the order of my content, but it's not ideal and it definitely seems like a bug.

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

The default trigger for the Next button is "jump to slide next slide." the "next slide" is determined by the numerical sequence in the scene. But there is no "next slide" after the last slide in the scene. So the trigger needs to be changed to "jump to scene next scene" or to specify another specific location.

However, question slides are quirky when it comes to the Next button. The built-in programming knows to show the Next button during a quiz Review. Otherwise, it doesn't appear, which means you don't see and can't edit its trigger. 

Fortunately there is a workaround. 

• Open the Slide Properties for the question.

• Select the checkbox for the Next button. That indicates you want to use the button. The default trigger will automatically appear. 
      • Edit the default trigger so it jumps to the next scene. 

Here are the additional steps to prevent the Next button from showing when the quiz is being taken. 

• Create a T/F variable with the default value of False. This will track whether the user is taking or reviewing the quiz. For example, call it "Reviewing."
      • Add a trigger that changes the Next button to Hidden when the timeline start with the condition that the variable = False. Include an "Else" statement that changes Next to Normal.

• Add a trigger to the Submit button that changes the variable to True. Be sure this appears before the "Submit __" trigger. Doing this means the variable will be True when the user revisits the slide, so the "Else" statement in the other trigger will change Next to Normal. (Note: In other situations, this trigger might need to run at some other point or even on another slide. Also, the variable would have to be changed back to False before letting the user retake the quiz.)

This is demonstrated in the attached file, so you can see what these triggers look like. 

• Hi Holly, 

Thanks for reaching out with within a support case. You're in great hands with Robert! 

We'll continue the discussion over in your case. 

Have a great day! 

• Hello Cecilie, 

I see that you have opened a support case and you are working with my colleague Jan. Great call! We'll continue the conversation over in your support case.

Hope that you have a wonderful weekend!