Forum Discussion

itmediamint
Community Member
6 days ago

Quiz Score not getting updated to the highest score.

I  have uploaded a course with a quiz at the end. In my player setting, I've restricted the seek bar until the learner watches till the end of the timeline "Next" button will not be activated. Number of attempts allowed to take the course is 3. My concern is, on any given attempt, let's say 1st attempt, if I fail the quiz and I click retry and on the second quiz attempt I pass, and then fail on the third attempt even so, my score on the LMS is reflecting the failed score (LMS is considering the last attempt before exit). How do I solve this?

itmediamint
    Community Member

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your revert. I checked my course setting, yes, it is When the learner completes a quiz. However, my concern is related to updating to the highest score during an attempt. The highest score is not taken into consideration but the last attempt before exiting the course is considered whenever the user clicks retry, and the score resets. Could you please guide me on this?

Many thanks,

Alicia @MediaMint

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Alicia,

Happy to help!

This behavior is typically controlled by a setting that most LMSs have called "review mode". This mode is engaged when the completion criteria of a course are met, preventing succeeding attempts from making any more changes to the records. Please check with your LMS to see if "review mode" is enabled for your course upon completion as this would prevent the higher score of succeeding attempts from being recorded.

• Hi itmediamint,

Happy to help! I understand your Storyline course sends quiz score data to your LMS after the first attempt. This behavior usually happens when you have set the completion requirement as "When the learner completes a quiz." Kindly confirm if that's the case for your course.

If so, you can try changing the completion requirement to a completion trigger. One way to achieve this is to add a slide after the Results slide and an Exit button that executes the completion trigger when clicked. Check out this article for details.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.