Forum Discussion

MalvikaMalho044
Community Member
26 days ago

Recording - Phone view

Hi,

I have a recording from phone in phone format (view). Now, I have to add voice to the video. 

I uploaded the video to storyline, and added voiceover. However, when I publish it as video - the view has lot of blank white space. 

The recording in middle of screen with blank white space looks weird. How can I ensure that only recording is visible. 

Regards

Malvika

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Yes, if the whole course is using your phone video, then I would keep the exact screen size and/or ratio of your portrait mobile phone.

MalvikaMalho044
      Community Member

What aspect ratio will work? Below is my image when I try to tweak ratios, the image reduces and slide squezzes. 

regards

Malvika

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Malvika,

You will have to edit the video and CROP it so the size is the same as the size you want in Storyline.

You can do this using the built in Video Editor with Storyline, however, it might be slightly easier to do it with an actual video editing program (like Adobe Premiere, Camtasia, etc)

• Hi Andrew,

Here is the screenshot of project file. I don't have Camtasia yet, thus finding ways within storyline. 

Regards

Malvika

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Yes, either CROP the video to fit your Storyline slide size (this can be done in Storyline video settings) or change your slide size to fit the video you have.

If you are trying to teach how to use a portrait phone app in a landscape Storyline slide, I think thats a bad idea. I would definitely consider changing the size of the Storyline slide to match your portrait phone size.
    (you can do this in the DESIGN > SLIDE SIZE SETUP menu within Storyline)

MalvikaMalho044
      Community Member

My video recording is over phone, and is in portrait format only. 

I am not sure what ratio do I set up under  DESIGN>SLIDE SET UP do I keep it in sync with phone shape.