Forum Discussion

DBMcPeek
Community Member
7 years ago

Rise - Accordian Block

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to ensure that when an accordion page is opened that it always opens at the top. My experience so far is that if the learner has looked at an image within one accordion page, then when they open the next it jumps to the next image and the learner is likely to miss the text related to the new image.

Thanks for help and guidance!

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I’m happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered regarding the accordion block’s focus when it is set to ‘Open only one item at a time.’

There’s nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!

• Hi DB,

I was playing around with Rise and an Accordion block this AM, and I'm not sure I understand what you're seeing. When I clicked to open the next section of the Accordion, it appeared at the top of that section and I scrolled down to see the text and image that followed. 

Could you include a Share link from your Rise course so that we could test it? Or can you take a Peek of the problem? You can include the share link for that here in your reply! 

DBMcPeek
      Community Member

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to share the course contents. I did find that 1) it only happens in PC view. 2) if I close the previous accordion page and use the "Plus - +" sign to open subsequent pages, within the accordion block, the issue does not repeat.

So, I have a work around that will suffice with added direction as PC view is currently the only view my users will be using.

DB McPeek

• Hi DB, 

It sounds like you were clicking on the Accordion titles vs. the Plus sign? I tested both but didn't experience anything different. Were you viewing it in a particular browser?

I was testing on my MacBook with Chrome, but I can also test in another environment that matches yours if you can share. Let me know the browser and if it's the Mac or Windows version! 

• Ok, thanks for sharing that DB! I hadn't been using that setting either.

I'm able to replicate what you're describing now on Firefox for Windows 10 and Mac, and also Chrome now on Mac/PC - so I'll share with our team that something odd occurs with that setting! 

• I know this thread is a few years old but this is behaviour is still happening.

When the accordion block is set to only open one at a time it aligns to the bottom of the block when it's opened and you have to scroll up every time you open the next item. This is really irritating!

Any updates, or intentions of fixing this so the accordions open aligned to the top?

Renz_Sevilla
      Staff

Hi Helen! Sorry to hear you're still having issues with the accordion block. Could you please let me know the browser and browser version you're currently using where you experience the issue?

• It's Google Chrome, which is the standard browser across the company and it's version 90.0.4430.85 (Official Build) (64-bit), it shows as up-to-date. 

• Hi Helen! Thanks for those details. I wasn't able to replicate this in a newly created course. Could you please send us a course copy by submitting a case with us here?

Please also indicate where this is happening, such as during Preview, Review 360, published content in an LMS, etc.

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I’m happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360. This update fixes the issue you encountered regarding the accordion block’s focus when it is set to ‘Open only one item at a time.’

There’s nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!