Drag and Drop

Jan 09, 2013

I have 10 drag and drop items and 2 locations set up. However the correct answer is only to have one of the drag/drop items in each location.

Is it possible to have the other 8 (wrong) drag/drop items dragable but do they do not have to go to a destination. So having dragged the 2 correct itmes into their respective locations. The other itmes can stay in their start position.

At the moment I have had to create a third location "waste bin" for the wrong answers in order to get this to work.

7 Replies
Nancy Woinoski

Not sure if this would work for you, but there is an opiton in the drag and drop settings "DRAG ITEM OPTIONS" that you can enable. If you select "a correct drop target" from the dropdown list, items will snap back to their original setting if they are not dropped in the correct targe.

For the 8 wrong items, you add them to the Drag item list but set the Drop Target to None.

The only problem with this is that the incorrect titems will snap back to the original point as soon as drop them ( it does not wait until you click submit)

Andrea Pasutti

I tried Nancy's suggestion and yes, the incorrect items snap back.  Is there a way I can drag the "wrong" answers to the correct target, have them "stick", and then have the learner be notified if they get it right or wrong after they click the submit button?  Then I would give the learner the opportunity to retake the question up to 3 times.  After the 3rd incorrect attempt, I want the quiz to give the correct answer.  How do I do this?

Randy Richardson

Andrea Pasutti said:

I tried Nancy's suggestion and yes, the incorrect items snap back.  Is there a way I can drag the "wrong" answers to the correct target, have them "stick", and then have the learner be notified if they get it right or wrong after they click the submit button?  Then I would give the learner the opportunity to retake the question up to 3 times.  After the 3rd incorrect attempt, I want the quiz to give the correct answer.  How do I do this?

yes, i'm interested in this as well.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.