Help

Feb 05, 2013

I create eCourses that teach our clients how to use our software products. So, I use quite a few screen recordings to have students practice using the software.

We just purchased Storyline and love the screen recording tool.  However, when I publish the course (to HTML5) and try to view the course via our LMS on an iPad, the screen recording works - it just takes sometimes over a minute for me to move from one step to the next. I am using the correct or incorrect layers and I am showing the hint boxes all the time (instead of the hovering option).

I tested this prior to purchasing the software and my recordings worked just fine. I don't know what I'm doing differently.

These screen recordings should work when published to HTML5, right?

Cindy

3 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hi Cindy!

Other customers have noticed lag when transitioning between media-heavy slides when using HTML5 on iPads. It's more a symptom of an immature HTML5 at this point, than it is a Storyline issue, we believe. Between the screen recordings you mentioned working with prior to purchase, and the screen recordings you currently experience the lag with, is there a big difference in recording size?

Cindy Riddle

Peter,

My co-worker and I have been doing extensive testing and we discovered that you can uncheck the Show Animation box in the screen recording (for each slide - a bit tedious) and then the system doesn't play the entire recording which I believe was holding up the "taps" in the iPad. While this isn't a problem on a PC or Mac, there is nothing on the iPad to tell the user the system is thinking so I was afraid they would keep tapping. By unchecking the Show Animation box, the screen recording plays more like a screen shot and the tap response is immediate. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.