LMS Reporting

Dec 07, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to find out how and when the articulate Presenter set and report the "Completed" to LMS. Currently we are using the Cornerstone OnDemand LMS. We have been having problems to get the LMS to report that a user has completed viewing the presentation. Here is the sample test scenario: We have 8 slides. If user view 5 out of 8, it means the user will be marked completed. But so far we are not able to get this to work in Cornerstone.

I have been through this article: http://www.articulate.com/blog/9-ways-to-troubleshoot-articulate-lms-issues/

So I decided to set the debug feature on. Here is what I found in the debug.

Line 390: 418:Wed Dec 07 2011 15:54:23 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) - SCORM_CallLMSSetValue strElement=cmi.core.lesson_status, strValue=completed

Is this mean the Presenter has set and also report to LMS that the user has completed the presentation?

It looks to me it does report to LMS by calling the API SCORM_CallLMSSetValue by setting the variable cmi.core.lesson_status to completed

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I can use some help here. Thank you in advance.

9 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hey Benny!

Basically, the SCORM test track you ran is a good way of proving your content is functioning properly, so the only thing left to do is to test it on the LMS you'll actually be using. In the meantime, if you'd like to see your content in action, you could always give it a go with Articulate Online:

http://www.articulate.com/products/articulate-online.php

David Celaya

Hey there. The problem we were having was that Cornerstone would only show a "completed" result from a quiz if it was taken using IE. Firefox and Safari would transmit the info to Cornerstone if the user failed, (we would see a 60% and 'incomplete' for example) but nothing if they passed.

I finally figured out that when the user clicked the "finish" button after the quiz, we had them go to a final, "congratulations" or "retry" slide. When I changed the pass and fail action in the quiz properties to "close the window" Cornerstone showed the passing result (of course you have to refresh the Cornerstone transcript window, or navigate to another page, and then return for the transcript page to see the update). I don't know if the script that wasn't working with Cornerstone was on the finish button, or in the Articulate "you may now close this window" page that opens up and closes when you press the finish button...but its working now with all browsers. So we are happy.

FYI, we are using "Compete/Incomplete" and if user passes or fails, "Close window" for the finish button.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.