Next button

Feb 22, 2013

Hello,

Is there a way to make the Next button appear ONLY after the user has finished the task? This would avoid creating a layer that says "You must complete the question before submitting".

Thanks.

17 Replies
Geert De Rycke

Hi Manual,

this is indeed like Bob says not possible. As with all other player properties for that matter. We do not have access to them at run-time. I think this would be a great help for other users too. So why don't you submit a feature request. Here's the link

There is an alternative, but I gues you do not want to walk the Java path and alter the behaviour of the player proteries with Java...

Cheers

Geert

mike mcdonald

Actually, that was the way I experimented with initially, but I found it a little confusing in user-testing as there were two ways of advancing. OK, if it is consistent all the way through of course!

I wonder if there anyway to alter the state of the SL player 'next' button. I used to to that in Adobe....make it flash or pulse when it was time to click it. Worked really well.... 

DeLora Reardon

You could just uncheck the next button from that slide (under the little settings wheel on the slide layer and then do your own next button as Harri suggested. I kind of like what Meryem suggested also. You would have to make sure to tell people the next button wouldn't work until conditions met though, it would be otherwise confusing for people to see it and not be able to press it.

Amy Latten

tim wright said:

My best solution so far has been to uncheck the next button for that slide and when the interaction is done take the user to an identical slide (copy) that has the next button. For the user it is seamless. You will still need to tell the user that they get the next button after the interaction is complete. 

Hi Tim,
I've been looking for this EVERYWHERE. Where does that button exist, to uncheck? /i saw it on a tutorial...and I desperately need to get rid of the next/back button. I want the UI to be completely dynamic and dependent on the interactions.
Amy Latten

tim wright said:

My best solution so far has been to uncheck the next button for that slide and when the interaction is done take the user to an identical slide (copy) that has the next button. For the user it is seamless. You will still need to tell the user that they get the next button after the interaction is complete. 

Ah, I'm so sorry. I just found it. Thanks!

David Schwartz

tim wright said:

That is brilliant, and it works beautifully. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.