AUDIO and SCREEN is CHOPPY

Mar 05, 2018

Hi all,

When I record my full screen, the audio is super choppy, cutting in and out. The quality is very poor. Also, the screen "jumps" when I preview the recording after I'm done.

Is it just my computer and microphone, or is this a common occurrence? Also, how do I fix it? 

Thanks!

-Silv 

39 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hey there, Reuben!

So sorry you're facing this audio problem. Let's try a few quick tactics:

If those steps don't help, you have access to live chat our Engineers right here! Our team will take an in-depth look at your environment and let you know what they uncover!

steve dennis

Replay and native storyline recorders work fine, even powerpoint screen recording. Peek is cool and I love the direct to cloud and local, but I don't think it's for LMS content, more like quick screen grabs and sending links to people, which is super handy in itself. Just wish I didn't have to explain why I need to refilm 2 days of content but those are the breaks ! No issues with replay for LMS content

Jamie Mohney

I am also experiencing choppy audio when using Peek. I am using a direct headset when recording and am hard wired in for internet connectivity. I've tried recording multiple times but I get the same result each time. When I record my audio with other recording tools such as Audacity, the audio is perfect.

Has there been any support resolution on this issue? It doesn't seem like an isolated issue based on this thread.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Jamie!

That doesn't right! We haven't released a fix related to choppy audio in Peek 360. 

Let's start with these three questions:

• If you have external monitors plugged in, can you try unplugging the monitors and recording a Peek? Are you still hearing the same choppy audio?
  • Can you try using another headset or even using the computer speakers when recording a Peek?
  • Are you using Peek for Windows or Peek for Mac?

I'm looking forward to seeing where the culprit is!

Surya Koduri

I am having the same issues with replay 360 - choppy video. I am not even recording the audio. I am using other screen recording software using the same set-up that I have, no issues. 

I want to use replay because of its simplicity in editing the video. 

• Recording on Dell Lattitude 7390 - Disconnected external monitors.
  • Camera and microphone turned off. 

Ren Gomez

Hi Surya,

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you're running into these issues with choppy video in Replay 360, but to confirm, are you also recording the video in Replay, or are you using other software and importing the video into Replay 360?

Try closing unnecessary applications when you record, and doing a quick repair may also help in resetting the application. If you find yourself still running into issues, connect with our support team, and they can take a closer look at your setup.

Kelly Auner

Hi Valerie,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing choppy audio and video. Since this is an older post, I'd like to ask you a few clarifying questions to get started:

• Is this happening when you are recording a Peek 360 video? If so, are you using Peek for Windows or Peek for Mac? If you're experiencing this issue in Replay 360, you can try doing a quick repair to reset the application.
  • Are you using an external monitor? If you disconnect the monitor and try recording, is the video and audio still choppy?
  • Is this happening with all recordings or randomly?

I'll look out for your response! 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Valerie, 

Sorry to hear that the issue is still happening for you. Instead of doing an uninstall of the application, try doing the steps listed in this article to see if they help. You'll also want to make sure that the computer you're using meets the minimum system requirements needed to properly run Peek 360. If the issue persists, reach out to our support team by opening a case for further assistance. 

Barbara Fagundes

Problem solved - My issue was that my screen recording wouldn't play after done. Every time I clicked on the play icon in the video, it played for 1 sec and stopped immediately. I resolved this situation by going to the folder where I saved the file and hovering my mouse over the video to see the play logo. Then I clicked on the play logo, which will play the video but not opens it. The circle outside the play logo started to load, and I had to wait until the gray color completed the process in the circle. Then, I opened the video, and it began to work! I had to take off my AirPods and use the laptop audio to listen to the recording. I hope it helps with the other issues too. I have a MacBook air.