Audio only in left channel

Jun 29, 2020

I have just began using Peek 360.  I have an Audio-Technica professional broadcast headset running into channel 1 on a Focusrite 2i2 audio interface.  The 2i2 does not have any options to force a single channel into a mono mix, so the recorded sound only comes out of the left side.   If I record audio in Storyline however, it does come out of both sides.  Any suggestions?

2 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Gregg,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! 

I am sorry to hear about this snag you are running into when trying to record audio in Peek 360. With the Focusrite audio interface, I believe the default option is set on a 2 channel setting, which is causing this snag when trying to record audio in Peek 360. Here are the steps to adjust these settings: 

1. Right-click the volume icon in the taskbar and then click on Open Sound Setting.
  2. Underneath the Input setting, be sure the audio interface is selected and then click on Device Properties.

3. From here, underneath the Related Settings > click on Additional Device Properties.
  4. When the Advanced Properties appear > click on the Advanced tab.
  5. The default is 2 channel 24-bit > you'll want to change this to 1
    channel 24-bit and then click Apply.

While this video is using a different Windows OS, it does walk you through the same steps here: 

Please keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.