Peek Issues

Feb 21, 2017

Hi! When screencasting using Peek the audio keeps dropping out and is often garbled.

Tested this now on two separate computers with different headsets.

76 Replies
Digital Choralia

Hello,

stumbled on the same problem. Peek doesn't work, the audio jumps every 4-5 seconds, seems to "lag".

You should really work on fixing this issue ASAP, it's a software with good potential that gets completely wasted because it simply does not work.
System is irrelevant, it doesn't work either with Windows 7 or with windows 10, with a professional microphone or with the built-in one.

I have to record the video with peek and the audio with Audacity and then merge them. Pretty crazy.

James Bonney

Hi,

I've since joined a new organisation, convinced them to buy Storyline 360, ordered a new laptop, tried Peek again and the same dropping out issue happens. 

This really needs some urgent attention, as without quality audio recording the software isn't fit for purpose.

What has been done since the first post was raised?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi James,

I'm sorry that you've hit the issue too. It is something we reported to our team as a possible bug.

Depending on priority and risk, some bugs can be fixed quickly, while others take longer to resolve. Here's more information on how we identify and tackle bugs.

I see that a few users noted that the preview is where the audio was inconsistent. Are you seeing that as well, or does it also sound inconsistent once uploaded to Articulate Review or when you've export the video file? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael, 

The issue in Peek remains for recording while in a Windows virtual machine (such as Parallels or VMWare) but once published to Articulate Review, the sound played normally in our testing. Are you hearing odd sound in Review as well? If so, could you share one of those links with us?

Crystal Horn

Hey there, Michael.  Just to clarify, are you seeing poor audio in the local .mp4 version of your Peek videos as well? 

And Ashley mentioned Articulate Review since your Peek screencasts automatically upload to your dashboard there.  The link that Peek generates directs to its location in Articulate Review.

I want to be sure the output from Peek is working for you while we address the Preview audio issue which occurs prior to uploading to Articulate Review.

Thanks for the info!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michael,

We're still monitoring the issue where the audio skips when recording narration in Peek for Windows in Parallels Desktop or VMWare, and we'll certainly let you know when we have an update. 

Depending on priority and risk, some bugs can be fixed very quickly, while other bugs take longer to resolve. Here's some more information on our process for tackling bugs.

Katie Riggio

Hi, folks. I wanted to circle back here to let you know that we released another update for Articulate 360!

This update includes a fix for an issue in Peek where audio would sometimes skip or stutter when previewing a recorded screencast.

You can take advantage of this fix by updating your software to the latest version. Many thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and let us know if you have any other questions!

Lawrence Williams

Unfortunately I think there's still a problem, or maybe my computer just isn't powerful enough.  I installed the update, and did an uninstall/reinstall of Peek specifically following instructions sent as a response to the case I'd submitted a year ago.  I then did two very quick recordings, and in both the audio still cut out, although it seemed to do so only when I tried to do something else on screen.  For example, when I opened Google Chrome, the audio cut out on the recording.  

Bottom line for me is that this still doesn't seem to be usable. Replay worked just fine when we needed screen recordings, though, so we have that option available.

Katie Riggio

Hi, Lawrence! Thanks for sharing your experience with us here and in your case. I'm really sorry you're still running into some trouble after the update – our team is here to help.

I let our Support Engineers know about your update here as well, so we can continue to investigate this with you. I'll follow along and will share updates here with any relevant info.