Peek Issues

Feb 21, 2017

Hi! When screencasting using Peek the audio keeps dropping out and is often garbled.

Tested this now on two separate computers with different headsets.

76 Replies
Robert Williams

Hello I'm a new user of the Articulate software Peek and have instantly experienced the sound issues mentioned on this discussion board. I have updated the Articulate 360 in hopes to cure the sound recording playback issue. With no success, I am at a intersection as to which software to use in place of Peek. I'm creating e-Learning videos for online training  purposes. I was instructed to use Peek to create the series, and sending it on to someone else for editing. The gentleman doing the editing is the one who recommend Peek and has informed me to reach out for help...Help!       

Crystal Horn

Hey there, Michael.  We released a fix that solved most folks' issues with the playback in Peek.  There were still some outlier cases with specific issues.  I see that you were last working with Bret from our senior support team.  Are you still experiencing trouble with your Peek recordings?

Matt Gast

It's four years later, I am a new user of Articulate, and my company was kind of enough to provide me with this, and my main use of the software is screen casts/recorded audio and video, and the audio is terrible, and cuts in and out, in both preview, raw .mp4 format, and in Articulate Review.  Based on this thread, it's seems absolutely nothing has been done to resolve this issue in at least 4 years.  I am really regretting asking my company for this software license at this point.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Matt!

So sorry for the trouble! We are definitely here to help. It sounds like after recording a Peek screencast, the audio is cutting in and out in preview, the .mp4 file, and in Articulate Review. Have you tried a simple Peek repair

I've started a case on your behalf with our Support Engineers to work with you directly. They'll be reaching out via email!