Updating Peek Screencasts to a new version in review

Jan 04, 2018

Hi - I have been playing around with Peek and have found the option after recording to upload a new version rather than the default, create a new video.

However, when I choose a new version, it isn't giving me the option to choose an existing Peek video. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mark

8 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome to ELH, Mark – and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I was able to see the same thing as you described where none of my previously recorded Peek videos appeared after clicking 'Update an existing recording.'

I've reported this to our team as a possible bug, and will keep you posted here as soon as I hear an update!

In the meantime, can I ask you to try recording a new video, upload it, then immediately record another video. Do you have the option to update that existing video after going through those steps?

Mark Cobain

Hi Katie, Thank you for getting back to me...

For ref: I am running desktop parallels with Window 10 and have peek installed on OSX and windows. The OSX version on mac - same issue - record a video > upload > record a new video > choose to update existing. There is nothing to choose. However, if I use the windows version and follow these steps I can see my videos and replace if needed. This leads me to think it is an issue with the mac OSX version only.

Hope that helps?

Mark

Mark Cobain

Hi - I have just retested peek in window 10 using coherence and full-screen modes.

In Coherence mode - peek is pushed to far to the left of the screen. (see screenshot) and in full screen, it is pushed to the bottom right. (sorry - it wouldn't let me screenshot that one)

Any idea how I can move the whole application into view in Windows?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mark,

Are you using a dual monitor screen or something that is splitting your Windows environment? Is this newly happening where the Peek isn't allowing you access to the whole screen?  From the screenshot I wasn't entirely sure what else was occurring on the screen - can you grab a larger screenshot or were you trying to obscure sensitive content? 

Mark Cobain

Hi Ashley, Two screens shots attached. Providing you are in full-screen mode it's ok, and it will allow to move in OSX and back again during the recording. I guess that the video may just need a little bit of editing at the beginning and end points.

Where it has this issue is coherence-mode. So, for me, the fix is that if you need to use the windows version of Peek, it would mainly be when you need to replace an existing video version. 

Thanks

Mark

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.