Poor MP4 Video Quality in Presenter 2013

Nov 07, 2013

I record my screen in Replay.
I export it as an MP4.
When I play the MP4 in Replay or Windows Media player it is very clear.
I import that mp4 into my slide in power point and it looks blurry just sitting on the slide.
I publish, and when the video runs it is very blurry.

I compared an old project done in Presenter '09 and the videos were much more clear.

I upgraded the 09 project to Presenter 13 and the video quality was much worse.

Any help is much appreciated.

19 Replies
Brandon Foltz

Hi Robert and Brian,

We are having the same issue but with still images. No doubt the video and image degradation are related. Very poor quality; so much so we cannot purchase this product in its current form unfortunately. Would like to switch, but Adobe Presenter is just much better at the moment.

Adobe Presenter

Articulate Studio Presenter

Claire Morley

Are there any updates on this issue, or suggestions for how we can improve the video quality?

Unfortunately we are having the same problem, and will not be able to publish and share the training with the rest of our organisation at the current video quality.

Wish I had of seen this forum topic/issue *before* we created this training. Will now need to re-create in a different program.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Claire and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

We don't have any official updates on the quality issues for Studio '13 just yet. However, I do know that this is a very high priority issue and we are working hard to provide a fix as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, I recommend following us on the following sites:

We'll also be sure to update any related threads in the forums as well. If you haven't already, I'd recommend subscribing to this discussion so you're notified of any new posts.

Thanks and welcome again!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Sonya!

Sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, it is something that's an issue at the moment. However, we are providing a fix for this with the next update. I cannot say when this will be released, however.

In the meantime, we recommend locking the player at optimal size for the best results.

You may also achieve higher quality by uploading your video to a hosting site, such as YouTube, then embedding it as a Video from Website:

I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but I hope it helps!

Have a great day,

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.