Animation 'blurry'

Nov 26, 2020

Hi,

I placed an animation (animated video) in my course, and the images are sharp in my preview, but blurry in review. Is this solved automatically when it is published to LMS? 

Thanks!

8 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Susanne!

I'm happy to explore the quality of your video with you. First, let's gather a few key details:

• Which version of Storyline are you using? Click the Help tab, then About Storyline.
  • Which browser(s) are you using to view the Review 360 link?
  • Tell me more about the video. What file format is it, is it a screencast made within Storyline, etc.?
Susanne Oosterveen

Hi Katie,

I'm using SL 360

I use Chrome (86.0.4240.198) to view the reviewlink, but tested in FF as well. It's the same problem.

The video is an mp4 animation made with powtoon.

I attached screenshots of the review situation and the preview situation.

Thanks!

Katie Riggio

Hello, Susanne!

Thank you for taking the time to share those screenshots.

It possible that the MP4 scaled in the published output, which is likely contributing to the loss in quality. Let's try these best practices for working with videos to see if they help:

If none of those ideas cut it, are you comfortable with sharing the STORY file for a closer look? You can use this private upload link. We'll delete it from our machine after we compare our findings and determine the next step!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Susanne,

I'm going to share the information that Katie was linking to specific to not scaling the content up or down:

If videos are bigger than your slides, they'll automatically be scaled down to fit, which can result in a loss of quality. Here are some tips for working with large videos:

If you make small videos larger than their original sizes, they may become fuzzy. Here are some tips for working with small videos:

Regarding not being able to access the link, I'm opening up a support case so that we can continue working on this together privately.