Approval of content

Nov 29, 2021

Hi all,

I work in pharma, use articulate storyline to create e-learning modules, and review 360 for review by regulatory affairs.

It works well but I was wondering if there was a way to officially "approve" the modules through review 360 or do I need to have them signed off separately ?

Thanks ! :)

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Isabelle, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for reaching out and sharing a feature you would like to have for your reviewers.

The ability to mark a review as completed or approved is not a feature that we have at this time, but it is one that we have received and are currently tracking. I've attached this conversation so that we can share any updates with you here in the future.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests, which may be helpful. 

Craig Lee

Hi, Eric. 
I'm an eLearning Administrator and I regularly complete reviews on Review 360, and I am also interested in the topic of how to signify my "approval" on reviews. In the interest of clarity for this important topic, let me say that marking a review as "Completed" and expressing an approval status are not necessarily the same thing. Every time I complete a review, I must instruct developers by writing one of the following as a comment to facilitate the approval process.
1. Approved: The content is approved. No changes are required.
2. Approved with changes: Apply changes in the feedback. There is no need for further review.
3. Update and resubmit: Apply changes in the feedback and request a new review.

I can see the benefit of having the option to engage an "Approved" button which then reveals an approval comment for further instructions, after which an approval notification is sent. I will see if I can request that feature. In the meantime, I wanted to express my agreement with the original post. 

I suppose the way approval was originally conceived was that marking "Complete" is meant to express approval with no further changes, that comments would flow until completion ends the process, signifying approval. Conceptually, this could work, but it lacks a way to make approval comments distinctive from any other comment.

My supervisors and department heads often forget to make their approval status known in their comments, and I often must intervene in the process to get explicit approval and further instructions. That is the essence of the problem: For users like my company, approval needs to be explicit, detailed, highly visible, and easy. Your thoughts?

Eric Santos

Hello Craig,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, and no worries about not using the Reply button the first time! I see how this additional tagging can benefit you and other course authors. It would be helpful to have "Approved," "Approved with changes," and "Update and resubmit" as options when completing reviews. I notified our engineering team regarding your comments.

We'll be sure to update this thread if any adjustments are made to this feature in the future.