Articulate Review and Rise -- Annotated comments are needed for blocks.

May 03, 2018

Developing a 7-lesson course and it is difficult to attach comments to a specific block within Review. For example, if you have a lesson with 7-10 blocks and you comment, you have to provide context in each content, for example: "In paragraph 7, line 3, change the word X to Y".

It would be great if it would allow us to attach reviews to blocks, or, go even deeper to specific words--like in Word, PDF's or PPTs.

40 Replies
Amanda Hallock

I want to add to this feature request, too. Some ability to either have a highlight box (like Storyline has for viewing ease when working with triggers) or the ability to "drop a pin" next to the Rise element (similar to how Adobe lets you pin comments in a review link) would be so helpful! I'm currently helping someone with a multi-block, 10+ lesson Rise course and a visual way to see precisely which word/sentence/etc we're commenting on would be a great help.

Anu Kaunisto

Totally agree. The fact that you cannot specify (with highlighting text or in other way) the a  sentence or other exact spot of the course to which a comment refers to, leaves too much room for guesswork.  Like Diana, I have to send both review-version and pdf to content owner to make sure that I get their feedback exactly right. This should not be the case. 

Anna Pelletier

I'd also like to add in a voice here. I'm very used to working in Google docs, and adding comments is easy, specific and traceable. I would love to have the same functionality on review versions of trainings in Articulate. Right now, people have to add in context clues when commenting or I have to follow up individually with commenters to ask for clarification. It is extremely time consuming and not at all convenient.

Additionally, if I want to see screenshots to try and decipher what they were referring to, I have to click on the "feedback" tab, which takes me out of the main "review" flow. If I'm in the feedback tab and still unclear, I then have to jump back to the review tab in order to scroll through the training and see what they were referring to. This is so frustrating and not at all up to par with the rest of Articulate's features

Hannah Lee

I would also like to voice that this seems like a critical feature in reviewing material. Being able to 'pinpoint' what portion of the slide (for Storyline 350 assets) a comment is referring to is integral for efficient and clear communication in the comments section. 

It would also help for creators to add specific notes/comments to a particular sentence (e.g., if adding an FYI comment containing links to references). 

Angie Shertzer

Putting in another vote for this feature. 

I've noticed that the review comments are much more likely to align with the associated block when the client has a strong internet connection and makes their comments as they view each block. Screenshots seem more likely not to be aligned with the correct block if the internet connection is really bad (and then especially if reviewers go back and comment on an earlier block in a lesson).