Can't upload zipped package to Review 360

Aug 04, 2021

Hi 

I have several zipped packages that I need to review in Review 360.  They are under the 5GB requirement.  When trying to uploaded, I received this message:

"Sorry, the file you selected is not a supported file type."

I trying to upload a zip file.  Does this not work?  Can you only upload videos?

Thanks for your help!

Amy

10 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Amy.

Thank you for reaching out!

When you published your .zip file, did you choose the option to Publish locally for manual upload?

The publish locally for manual upload setting in Storyline 360

Take a look at the step-by-step instructions here, and if you're still having trouble uploading to Review 360 with those instructions, I recommend opening a support case with our engineers. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Babar, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

The project will need to be updated within Rise 360 and then republished/re-uploaded with the updated changes.

1. You can request that your vendor update these words and provide the updated .zip file to you.
  2. If the vendor also sent you (or can send you) a copy of the completed Rise 360 course, you can update and republish within Rise 360 yourself.

This documentation explains the process the vendor can take if they wish to send you a copy of the course:

Rise 360: How to Send a Copy of a Course to Other Authors

Geraud Plantegenest

Hello, does the manual upload to Review 360 work for RISE 360 courses that were exported/downloaded as ZIP files. I am trying to upload a copy of a course I created in RISE 360 as a test, and it gives me this error:

File Not Supported

Sorry, the file you selected is not a supported file type.

It is the ZIP file exported from RISE 360 and it is only 52 MB. 

Thanks,

Geraud

SL360 EEIRH

Hi! I have several SCORM 1.2 courses already published from Storyline 360 for LMS. After I published them successfully I ticked also View project > Zip, which created the zip files which I uploaded in Moodle, and all courses are functional. For the purpose of reviewing them externally for a possible update, I wanted now to upload these zip files in Review 360 and I got the same message "Sorry, the file you selected is not a supported file type." I understand from this conversation that I should publish again the courses for Review 360, not for LMS. Does this mean the the zip files created by Storyline 360 through these steps are not accepted by Review 360? Do I have I republish all courses as zip files for Review 360? This creates a confusing situation with two zip files with the same name for each course, zips for LMS and zips for Review. If the zip file published for LMS cannot be uploaded to Review 360, can the zip file published for Review 360 be uploaded to the LMS? Can we avoid somehow creating multiple zip files?

Eric Santos

Hello EEIRH,

Thanks for reaching out; I'm happy to help confirm this. You are correct that the LMS publish cannot be uploaded to Review 360 and vice versa since they have different formatting.

To prevent having different zipped outputs with the same name, you can edit the title of the LMS output before publishing to differentiate it from the Review 360 zipped output.

LMS publish title

If you require any further information, please let me know.