Cannot review my e-learning after publishing

Dec 21, 2016

Hello,

I published e-learning that I created in Articulate Storyline 2. I used option LMS including HTML5 output and Mobile Player.

When I want to review my e-learning I keep encountering few problems:

1. When I open story.html file, I get spinning cirle which indicates that e-learning is loading however nothing changes after 5 minutes of waiting

2. Sometimes I manage to open story.html and it looks exactly the same as my e-learning in AL2 (font size and theme) however when I open story_html5.html font size and theme are much different. Text goes beyond caption, spacing settings are changed, spaces in caption created by empty line (enter) disappear and all items in main menu are bolded.

3. When I publish e-learning to my C drive and I want to share it with other person for review, that person is not able to open story.html file. Also when I transer folder with published course to other location in my computer story.hmtl file is being degraded

I'm using Microsoft Edge as web browser.

Could you please help to solve these problems?

Thank you,

Agnieszka

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi, Agnieszka!  It sounds like you're having some trouble viewing your course after you've published it, but I've got some suggestions for you!

First, for the story.html output (which is the Flash version), it sounds like you are experiencing an issue we identified with Flash Player update 23 where your course never loads when clicking on the local launch file in your folder.  We've got some more information about that here so that you can enable your browser(s) to load that content better.

Related to the this issue, if you are trying to view your content right from the published output folder, not all of it may function as you expect due to browser security settings.  This applies to both your Flash and your HTML5 outputs, and you can read more about publishing and sharing your content here.  Our best recommendation is to load your published content into an LMS and share the link from that directory with your colleagues.  Alternatively, you can publish for CD for offline viewing.

Lastly, Storyline 2 HTML5 output is not supported in Microsoft Edge.  Once you load your content into an LMS, you should be able to view the HTML5 output using these browsers:

• Windows: Google Chrome (latest version)
  • Mac: Safari 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version)
  • Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 4.1 and later

Let us know if that makes sense - we're happy to help!

Agnieszka Kozlowska

Hello Crystal,

Many thanks for your reply.

Indeed adding folder to secured location in Adobe Flash Player settings solved problem with display of story.html file.

Both links: publishing and sharing content and view the HTML5 output using browers are displayed in Spanish. Do you have links to English version?

Also I would like to double check with you support of SL2 HTML5 for MS Edge. Does it mean that if I publish my e-learning in LMS, it will not display correct content in MS Edge?

Thank you,

Agnieszka

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Agnieszka, 

Those links Crystal shared open in English for me, but if you're seeing it in another language it's something we've seen for users who are located in another non-English speaking country where we've localized the support articles. This is based on the geo-IP address when you access the site. You can manually change this by scrolling to the bottom of the page and using the language selection:

As for the MS Edge browser, if you're viewing the HTML5 output there, it may not behave as expected - but it's worth testing as I know a few users have shared that their courses were successful, and it often has depended on the elements they included but it's not something we can offer further support for.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.