Captions in Video in Click-Triggered Pop Up Window not Showing up Despite Entering them via Video Tools/Add Captions Button

Nov 19, 2021

When I am in a storyline slide, I created a click-trigger to open a video in a separate window. Via Video Tools>Add Captions Button, I added captions to the video. Then I saved and published to Review360. When I get to the slide in Review360 and click on the button to trigger the pop-up window with the video, there are no captions let alone a CC button in the pop-up window, despite having entered the captions in storylin360. Anyone else experience something similar? 

note- I also did the most recent update to storyline and tried again and encountered no captions again.

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Sophie, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

The closed caption feature is a part of the player. 

When videos are opened in the slide, they take advantage of the player and the HTML "wrapper," which allows Storyline to overlay the video with captions.  Opening video in a new browser tab only shows the media source and doesn't include player elements, such as closed captioning.

To show Storyline closed captioning, you'll want to open video files in the slide.