Commenting without an Articulate ID - users that used to have an ID

Oct 07, 2019

Hello,

I frequently use Review for gathering feedback on my Storyline projects from non-articulate-using colleagues and customers, and I have encountered a recurring issue. I always have the "Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment" checked, but Review still asks for Articulate IDs (not only an email, which should be the case) from my colleagues and customers.

In most cases, the user I share Review link with used to have an Articulate ID, but do not use it anymore and do not want to use it either.  For example, one person from the customer side used to have an account approximately three years ago, and does not want to retrieve it.

So our mutual hope is that they would only have to enter their email and get to comment. How can my colleagues and customers, who have previously used an Articulate ID, get the Review to only ask for their email, not the Articulate ID? Can emptying some browser cache etc. help with this?

One person from the customer side was not able to comment, although she never had an Articulate ID, but I am not certain if the application asked for the Articulate ID or just the email.

Thank you for your help in advance!

14 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Irina,

Thank you for reaching out!

Since some of the reviewers do have an Articulate ID tied to their email address, they'll be prompted to enter their password. Since this setting is for users without an Articulate ID to make comments on Review 360, those that have an existing Articulate ID will continue to see that prompt.  

We have a great resource on this here.

Carol Stout

Hi Vincent

All of the sudden I am having trouble sharing my Articulates for review.  Up until the past week I was able to take my course, publish a new review version and then share that link that is sent in email with my co-workers.  (my coworkers do not and have never had an Articulate account) Now it is asking everyone to sign in and not just an email, it wants email and password for everyone.  I have also tried the link in the Share and have the " allow users without Articulate IDs to comment" checked. Still wants a sign-in for everyone.  Any suggestions?

Jose Tansengco

Hi Carol,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. We are currently investigating reports of the link included in Review 360 notifications emails not working as they should. Our preliminary investigation has shown that the links that are being included in the emails end with "/feedback", when they should end with a "/review" to properly redirect your reviewers to the course preview. 

We'll let you know once we have an update regarding this issue. In the mean time, you can advise your reviewers to manually change the end of the Review 360 link to "/review" to view your course links.

Hope this helps!

Luciana Piazza

Hello Irina and Carol! 

I have good news to share! We updated the link in the email notification so you'll find that the link goes to the Feedback area rather than a sign-in page. 

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out in this discussion or to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!