Course won't play past first slide - SOLVED

Apr 28, 2020

For the past two days when I upload my course from Storyline 360 to Review 360 it won't play past the first slide. When I hit any nav button to another slide, I get the animated three dots loading thing and it never loads. Have submitted a ticket but heard nothing yet.

UPDATE: It turns out it's only one of the two courses I've built that is doing this. The other one plays fine. What could I have done to that first course that causes it to hang up after the first slide?

UPDATE 2: I save daily versions as I work on the course. I had to go back to a version from a week ago to find one that worked. What's weird is all the versions after that played fine in Review until yesterday. Very frustrating. I've made a ton of changes since then and would hate to lose all that work. Hoping someone responds to the ticket eventually.

UPDATE 3 (SOLVED!): Discovered I had Javascript on the first slide I'd tried out a few days ago (trying to jerry-rig a way to bring a variable value from an external URL into the course - it failed). Disabled that, and the course runs fine again. Phew!

3 Replies
Sarah Jackson

Hi All,

I'm having this same issue except that I don't have javascript on the first or second slides. I did go ahead and disable all the javascript across all slides in the project.

First slide is just a text box and a shape, when timeline ends it moves to slide 2 except that I get the 3 dots.

Second slide has a number of triggers adjusting variables but no javascript.

It all worked fine yesterday, the only thing I did today was change some colors, and set up a couple of template slides (also with no triggers/javascript). 

The play button in the timeline doesn't play, it doesn't load with Preview and it doesn't load after publishing to Review.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: Narrowed it down to the Reference content. Text box with references, using the Reference button from the Insert menu. Tried deleting it and recreating but still is keeping the slide from playing.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.