Error Message for Reviewers

Aug 26, 2019

Greetings,  I have a course with several videos within the lessons that are playing well for me but are not rendering for a few of my business owners.  They are reviewing in IE and Chrome.  This is the error message "the media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported" They came out of the course and restarted which had it to work. Has anyone else had this issue?  I added a troubleshooting message at the beginning to clean out your cache when going through this training course.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Cassandra!

I'm sorry this error is coming up for your reviewers! I do have a few clarifying questions that should help us get to the bottom of the issue.

What program was the course created in? And is there a version of IE or Chrome that causes the error message? 

I've seen this issue occur when users have media restrictions in place on a corporate network. Does this sound like a possible situation?

Cassandra Buffington-Bates

Hi Lauren!

The majority of the course was created in RISE.  I did incorporate the SL 360 blocks for more interaction.   At our organization, we are using IE 11.615 and Chrome 72.0. I've checked with my IT department in the past about media restrictions. We don't have restrictions per se other than file size. For the reviewers to get the message they received, is it wise to not use so many different mediums in RISE like SL 360 files, video and any of the additional multimedia and interactive features the software allows?  Thanks for getting back to me Lauren!

Lauren Connelly

Hi Cassandra!

Thanks for sharing that helpful info! 

Just to clarify, your reviewers view the Rise course using the "share link" from Review. From there the reviewers open the course in Review, and receive error messages when they play the media files in the course. Is that correct?

Are you able to share the Review link with us? You can use this link for us to privately take a look. I'll be sure to test it and see where the error message could be coming from.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.