Font size changes with bold vs plain text - Studio

Nov 23, 2020

As you can see from the attached screenshot - I am using Arial as the font and within the one sentence some words are in bold and others in plain text. The size and position of how the text appears changes depending on whether it is bold or plain. All of the text has been set to the same 'font size' within the PPT slides.

This makes the text look inconsistency and messy. 

Can you please let me know how to standardise the size and appearance of the text. Thanks

5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Andrea!

It sounds like you might need to adjust the Autofit settings. Have you looked at changing the text box to either Do not Autofit or Resize shape to fit text?

Here's what the setting looks like:

Have you looked at changing the font to Arial Bold rather than adding the Bold style to the text? If not, do you mind seeing if that makes a difference?

Andrea Calleia

Lauren, thanks so much for your quick reply and two suggestions for sorting out the bold font issue!

I have tried both of your suggestions and unfortunately - a similar issue is still occurring. Attached are the screen shots showing the original, changing the Do Not Autofit setting of the Text box, using Arial Black font instead of bold and using Arial Rounded MT Bold font instead of bold text. I don't have Arial Bold within our version of MS PowerPoint.

Any other suggestions please?

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for the additional information and the image, Andrea.

I worked to recreate what you are seeing but was unable to hit the same kerning errors that you demonstrate.

• Was this original text copy/pasted from somewhere else?
  • What version of Presenter are you currently using?
  • Are you able to recreate the behavior in a new file?

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your Articulate Package to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.