Hosting content on Review 360

Mar 01, 2022

Hi

One of the areas in our organisation had the idea to develop content in Rise (non-training content) and host it in Review for people to access.

The content in Review won't be there for feedback or review purposes, but it will be used as a defacto hosting service and the link to Review made available on our internal intranet, but also our externally facing internet page.

I know this isn't the intent of Review, but from what i can see there is nothing from a restriction perspective (e.g. expired Review links or content) to stop them. I'm trying to find somewhere in the terms and references that states that this shouldn't happen, as we have other hosting alternatives and platforms that could be used instead.

3 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Julian.

Thank you for reaching out!

Review 360 is not intended for large distribution or as a long-term hosting solution. Ideally, you'll publish from Storyline and upload it to a web server (if you don't need tracking or reporting), or use a Learning Management System:

You can also find our Terms of Service through this link

I hope this helps!

Julian Dardenne

Thanks Maria. I completely agree that they should be hosting their content on our organisations intranet or via sharepoint, the issue i have is convincing them of this as they see Review as a simple and cost effective solution. Hence why I'm keen to find something more concrete to go back to them with. 

So far the only reference I can find is 2.5 "d. distribute, display, outsource, republish, frame, host or stream the Services, allow unauthorized access to the Services, or otherwise commercially exploit the Services outside of the terms of this Agreement;" as access to the Review 360 content will be readily available to anyone that accesses our external internet page.