how to share a folder with my team

Mar 19, 2019

Hi !

Quick question. Do you know how to share a folder with my team in articulate review ?

I mean, i don't want to send a link. I want to share all my projects in a team folder with my colleagues.

Thanks a lot !

Laïla

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!

We’ve just released an update for Review 360 which includes cool new features: 

New: Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content, assign permissions, and invite collaborators. You can even allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

And because Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

22 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome, Laïla. Glad you're here! 🌟

Excellent question. Currently, there isn't a reviewer-facing folder option. Each project will be accessed individually by its shareable link.

I'm happy to let our team know that you have a need to share a link to a folder of courses. Here's a glimpse into how we prioritize feature requests!

If we make this change to the folder functionality in Review 360, we'll let you know!

Michael Ciraco

As our team is growing, and we create cross-functional training that needs to be accessible by multiple people, it is becoming imperative that we have the ability to share folders, quickly batch assign additional editors to courses, and organize our content in additional ways.  We desperately also need subfolders, and we need to be able to drag a course to folders to easily move it and multi-select objects in the UI, and even use intelligent controls to assign content to a group instead of a creator to auto-assign group members.     

When we were 3 people each primarily creating content for 2 products this wasn't a problem.  now we are 5 and soon to potentially be 10 people creating content for over a dozen products and hundreds of courses and this lack of cross-user management is simply a giant roadblock.  If someone needs to edit a content piece I created prior, and I have not manually shared it with them, it's invisible to them.  

These features need to be added immediately.  We've already begin a migration to a new LMS back-end which has it's own scorm authoring tools and is designed for large enterprise.  if Articulate can't add these to the roadmap and set estimates ASAP I fear that will begin our process to migrate to using other tools.  Simply sharing folders has bee talked about here for 3 years and isn't even on the roadmapt yet, let alone enterprise level sharing and course management.  

Michael Marcos

Hi Michael, 

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and use case with us. We have been working on improving the collaborative functionality of Review 360 to address the same reasons you've mentioned. While there isn't a full list of these improvements, the capability to share folders along with the ability to manage them into a folder hierarchy are part of it. Although this feature hasn't made its way on the roadmap, I can say that we are aiming to release this in Q2 this year. If anything causes this to change, I'll make sure to circle back to this thread to let you know.

Maura Sullivan

I would like to second the need for improvements in Review360.

I'm also part of a large team and we would like to be able to allow someone else on the team to take over a project that may already have been revised multiple times with feedback from SMEs.

We would not want to lose the history of those changes and comments. Losing that version trail could cause problems later on, especially if the deadline to go live is missed due to the SME's failure to respond timely.

Nele Jo Thamsen

So it has been 8 month after the last reply, I'd like to put a reminder here.

We are also in need of a folder-sharing function, because soon I have to share 18 individual links to the WBTs we are creating. Sharing them all in a folder would help us and other customers a lot. It is been requested since 3 years by several customers.

Janis Ericson

Same here, both for Review and for Rise. I inherited a license with 166 courses. I've divided them into folders, and each person on my team needs one folder of content shared with them. I cannot figure out how to send them the folders of 30-50 courses. There has to be a way to do that with a single click.

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!

We’ve just released an update for Review 360 which includes cool new features: 

New: Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content, assign permissions, and invite collaborators. You can even allow multiple authors to publish new versions of a course to the same Review 360 project.

And because Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!