Limiting who can access 360 Review

Jan 23, 2018

I'd like to know if there is a setting to limit who can access/share the link to Articulate 360 review. We are sharing confidential content and I want to ensure the link can not be sent/shared with those who have not been given permission.

9 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Janine, 

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you are not seeing this option.

Did you originally publish the project to Review 360 or was this a link shared with you?

I created a quick Peek 360 video of this feature for you.

Let me know if you're seeing something different with courses you've published to Review 360.

Janine Gee

Hi Leslie

Turns out I have 2 different company logins - one for internal use and one for external use and there have been logins created for me in Articulate for both - when really one links to the other - but I have to be logged in as the external email (prefixed "ext") for my login to be registered as the author of these modules.

I logged out and back in again and the option was there.

Thank you

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Manny,

We do not have any additional options at this time, but we are tracking user requests for additional security options within Review 360. I've added your thoughts to our request and linked this conversation so that we can share updates with you here.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests, which may be helpful. 

Denise Marshall

Hi Teresa! By default, a Review 360 link is available to accessible to anyone who has that link. If you'd like to make your links more secure, select the Share button in the top-right of the Review 360 page after publishing your course. You can use this to make the course only available to individuals who have an active Articulate 360 account or to add a password to the course. 

Once your two week period completes, you will need to manually remove access to the course.  I use on of  two different methods and they can both be done from your Review 360 library (https://360.articulate.com/review), which is much faster with 9 review links!

Method 1: Delete the Course. In Review 360, simply hover your cursor over the course you want to delete. An ellipsis (...) appears to the right of the course title. Select this and then select "Delete" from the menu that appears. The "Delete item" pop-up appears to confirm: select the Delete button to complete the deletion. NOTE: Deleted courses are moved to your Deleted Items folder as a safety measure. To fully delete the course, go to your Deleted Items folder (menu on the left of the screen), hover your cursor for the ellipsis (...) menu and then select Delete Forever to fully remove. 

Method 2: Secure the Course. If I want to keep the course for my own purposes but remove access, the easiest way is to simply change the password. You can use the same steps I gave in the first paragraph, or you can do it from the Review 360 library (much faster with multiple courses!). Simply hover your cursor over the desired course, select the ellipsis (...) that appears, select Share, and enable the "Set a password" option. If you already have a password set, simply change it. After entering the new password, select Save. Your learners/reviewers may still have the link but they won't be able to get into the course! This is a great option if you want to save how feedback is provided within Review 360. (If you don't mind learners/reviewers still having access, you can always just turn off feedback as well.)

One final note: when I send out Review 360 links to clients that has a timeline, I do include a counter slide in my course. I make a note that this slide is for reviewers only and will not be included in the course, I add any notes or documents they need for their review, and I have a running countdown stating how long they will have access to the link. It's been extremely effective in my experience!