Linked Images and files don't work in review 360

Apr 02, 2017

So a big part of my proofing task is getting help checking my Presenter 360 file for broken links.  I put the training course up on the review site and then try to click on a linked image or document and I get a bunch of html code in response.  How do I upload my images and linked files so that I can use your "collaborate tool" to proof it.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>C7E2548E05BBD9B1</RequestId>
<HostId>
T05ietk272EC2CeGkmf1LtXLxt7qOHP+D/WZltj/wahREygpk/Gt4bvS2WD7+gev+iqwMTK7VqA=
</HostId>
</Error>

3 Replies
Jim Powell

Sure, you can look here. It's not storyline though it's Presenter 360.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/56afb2df-a83d-4953-aa0b-21ec3d3ed756/review the images are configured with hyperlinks to a larger version of the image.  So when published to the LMS you click on the image, it goes to the LMS directory and gets the larger version and displays it.  Normally when I publish my course to our SCORM LMS I have to separately FTP all the supporting images and pdf's to the same directory.  Is there a better way?  It would be great if all this was embedded in the ppta/pptx file but when I first purchased your software four years ago I was told that it doesn't work that way (my previous product, Trainersoft, DID embed the images, it was very convenient though it did make for very bloated files...

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jim - Sorry about that, Storyline is always on the brain :) I do see the behavior in your link shared above, but I do not see anything listed under resources, so I'm not sure how you included these items in your course. Here is a great article on adding resources.

Would you be able to share the Articulate Package if we need to take a look?

An Articulate Package is a zip file that contains a copy of your entire project, including the PowerPoint file, the Articulate Presenter file with audio/video resources, quiz files, and interaction files. Here's how to create an Articulate Package:

1. Do one of the following, depending on your version of PowerPoint:
    • PowerPoint 2013 or 2016: Go to the File tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click Share, and choose Articulate Package.
    • PowerPoint 2010: Go to the File tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click Save & Send, and choose Articulate Package.
  2. When the Articulate Presenter Package window appears, choose a Package Location. By default, the zip file will be created in the same location where your PowerPoint file is stored, but you can change it. Just click the ellipsis (...) button and browse to a different folder.
  3. Modify any of the optional Package Notes and click Create Package.
  4. When the Publish Successful window appears, you'll have an option to open the folder where the zip file was created. Click Close when you're done.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.