New Articulate Review feature - Comment without Account

Dec 14, 2016

Hi Everyone,

We just released a much-requested feature to Articulate Review...the ability for comments to be posted without requiring an Articulate ID account! Now posting a comment is practically frictionless for your stakeholders. The reviewer simply provides their email address when posting a comment:

The option to "Allow comments without signing in" option is now the default setting. Simply uncheck that box within the Share menu if you wish to require sign in with an Articulate ID.

We hope this enhancement makes it even easier to collaborate with your stakeholders. Please give it a whirl!

48 Replies
Brian Gil

Hi Phil,

If you're referring to the email digest feature, that's not quite yet released but will be available in Q1. Updates to Articulate 360 come so quickly that we've started sharing info about the imminent features alongside those which have come out recently on our "What's New" page. This is the section for the feature I believe you're inquiring about:

We'll definitely announce when it's available. In the meantime, thanks for using Review! It's one of my favorite apps.

Justin Grenier

Good Morning, Soren!

Is it possible that this specific reviewer already has an Articulate ID?  If the reviewer has already created an Articulate ID, we'll ask them to log in.  If they haven't, we won't.

Also, I just want to clarify that the feature isn't Allow anonymous comments, it's Allow comments without signing in.  Sounds like a subtle difference, but even reviewers without an Articulate ID will be required to enter an email address.  You can check out a screenshot of that functionality within Mike's post above, or click the Watch Video button on on our What's New page to watch Arlyn demonstrate the feature.

Thanks!

Kyle Main

I had the same  issue as Soren J Birch.

I followed the advise of Justin Grenier to watch the video on the "What's new Page".

That demo of Review showed him entering an email and then going straight over to leave a comment.

Our training team has to share with a lot of stakeholders our new content and we need them to all leave feedback.

So why are our people saying they have to also enter a Password.  In this situation Less is More.  

Future request:  We would benefit from allowing users to skip entering an email, and just enter their name one time (maybe using cookies) - hit okay, and then be able to review every course that we give out links to review.

Adam Schwartz
Kyle Main
That demo of Review showed him entering an email and then going straight over to leave a comment.

Our training team has to share with a lot of stakeholders our new content and we need them to all leave feedback.

So why are our people saying they have to also enter a Password.  In this situation Less is More.  

Kyle - the only time users should be prompted for a password is if they already have an Articulate ID. Else, when they enter their email, they should be able to comment straight away.

Laurel Schulert

The reviewer who is being asked to sign in does not have an Articulate ID. She is also not on our 360 team as an admin, nor does she have a seat assigned to her. She is an external reviewer as far as Articulate is concerned.

I'm sorry to steer the comments on this article off in a tangent to trouble shoot my particular issue. I posted here because when I searched the forums for Review assistance, this article came up and it seemed relevant. Is there another place I should be going for this sort of tech support?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.