Publish a new version from rise to review

Aug 19, 2020

Hi, I've already passed the review link off to the correct stakeholders and they have reviewed. I then have gone back and made changes. 

Do I need to publish again for them to see the new changes? 
If so, do I need to provide a new link? (Prefer not to)

Pinned Reply
7 Replies
Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hi Leonie!  Great question! You do need to publish again and you'll see two options when you publish: Create a New Item, or Publish a New Version of an Existing Item.  You'll want to choose that section option where you publish a new version of your existing course, and that way you won't have to provide your reviewers with a new link!  They'll just use the same one you gave them before.  More detailed instructions are available here.

Alis Nikolson

For some reason I am unable to publish a course again to the same link. I am the Course Manager, not the Course Owner. I am able to publish it the first time, but once I have made my edits and I attempt to publish again to the same review link, the course name is not listed or available in the drop down menu for "Publish a new version of an existing item." Is this a feature that only the Owner can do?

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Alis.

Thank you for reaching out!

You are correct: as a course manager, you only have the option to create a new item when publishing to Review 360, since the existing course isn't in your own Review 360 dashboard.

We are tracking a feature request to give course managers this ability. I added this discussion to the report, and we'll come back to update you when we have news to share. 

John Morgan

Hi Flaminia!

If you are the owner of the course, when you publish a new version of an existing item, a new version is created in Review 360. To see an older version of a project, in Review 360, click the Version drop-down list in the upper left corner of the screen, and click on a version number.

You’ll see comments for the version you selected and all previous versions. If you want to see the latest comments, just switch to the current version of the project.

Thanks for reaching out!

Leah Hemeon

Hi there - no, the new version doesn't overwrite previously made comments on the project. You need to individually delete the comments once they're resolved. Originally I thought I could just mark them as "resolved" but my SMEs and other reviewers could still see the "resolved" comments which was confusing for them. I now individually delete each comment as I complete edits. However, I do download an Excel version of the comments first so I have a record of what was requested.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.