Publishing Storyline 360 to Review Replaces Incorrect Version

Mar 22, 2019

I've been having a weird issue when publishing a suite of files to Review from Storyline 360. I have 7 modules that I published for Review and with a few of them, when I choose to re-publish a new version of an existing item, even if I select the correct file name from the drop-down, the result is a different file. It seems that the issue is that they are connected somehow because I used one file as a template to create the other files (via Save As command). Today, even though I've been paying close attention to select the right file name, the other file shows up. I had both files open at the same time when I was re-publishing new versions of each so closing out and publishing one at a time seemed to work. Any help with fixing this problem would be appreciated. I can provide linking information if you require.

10 Replies
Katie Riggio

Sorry that's happening, Shelley. Happy to help investigate!

I'm unable to recreate the problem with my Storyline project, so I'll need your help:

• What Storyline 360 update are you using? You can find this detail by clicking on the Help tab, then About Storyline.
  • Could you create and share a Peek screen recording of the behavior so I can try to replicate it? You can attach it publicly here, or privately with me here.

Let me know, and we'll explore our next steps!

Ren Gomez

Hi Debbie,

I'm really sorry you're coming across this as well, and I appreciate you taking the time to share that video with me! 

I just wanted to let you know that we do have an active bug report for this issue, and while I can't offer a timeframe for the fix, I'm sharing your video with our team and will be sure to jump in here when there's any progress to share!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello everyone,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here

The item you'll be interested in is:

Fixed: After publishing each scene in a Storyline project as a separate Review 360 item, publishing a new version of one of the scenes sometimes updated the wrong Review 360 item.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

I am happy to report that we are not seeing this behavior in Storyline 360 (Build 3.49.24347.0):

• Storyline 360 randomly publishes scenes into the incorrect course title, effectively overwriting the wrong course with the wrong content in Review 360.

If you're still running into this snag, make sure you're using the latest version of Storyline 360.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us in this discussion or in a support case if you have additional questions!