Review 360 Black Screen with Play Button before Course Opens

Nov 08, 2019

Hi All - I am having an issue with a course in 360. When I first posted my course(s) they auto open on my first slide. Now that I have added audio to the first slide I see a black screen with a play button before I open my course. I do NOT want my stakeholders to see this screen, especially since they have already viewed the course without this screen appearing. 

I thought I would try another form of media to see if I could replicate the black screen. I went into another course and added video the the first slide and the same thing happened! When I remove the video (or the audio) the problem is resolved. 

Anyone else have this issue? How did you resolve?

2 Replies
Anthony Goss

This is default behavior on ALL mobile devices (tablets and phones) and on desktops if audio plays on the first slide.  The workaround for desktop is to have a slide that does not have audio that autoplays on the first slide.  This can't be avoided at all on mobile.  I have begged for a way to change the look and feel of this screen, but I have been told that this is not high priority on the roadmap. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.